Saturday, November 04, 2006

Flakes... a Brief Self Righteous Rant

Excerpted from Tom Robbins “Villa Incognito”
“A few snowflakes began to fall taking their time as if stalling for someone to remark how no two snowflakes are ever exactly alike. At what point it’s fair to ask, did snowflakes start believing their own press?” I love that passage. I shall expoit it for my own use as I feel the same way about the human flake.

The human flake seems to believe they have their own irresistable and loveable quality that should make others overlook the fact they are indeed a flake. Canceling dinner plans, running an hour late, or standing you up when something better comes a long makes perfect sense to these precious and frustrating creatures. Watch the flake in their natural habitat as they come up with crafty and innovative justifications for their behavior.

Sure, no two flakes are ever exactly the same…but close enough, don’t you thinq?

6 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those poor flaky bastards. They should know better than to flake out on a girl with a blog.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Deonn said...

Yes, a girl with a blog spending a Saturday night home alone...posting and drinking red wine.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally should have invited you to the show last night!

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes flakes are a necessary evil. They can show us the reliable people in our lives

Like those who drive you to the airport at 4 A.M. when your brother flakes out.

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like being 4 hours late for turkey? Actually it pisses me off hearing things like, "I embrace the chaos" or "I'm creative" as an excuse for such behavior. Guess what? I'm creative too, but I can read my watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home