Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Enough already...

Snow Day….remix
Okay the initial winter excitement has worn off. The first weather related day off was a welcome novelty. Last Thursday’s snow day was a fun little bit of adventure. Saturday’s snow, while lovely to look at, was starting to get on my nerves. Today…I’m a-weary. I am anxious to get back to normal. Well my version of normal, anyway. I can't really complain though. Last week's bonus snow day allowed me to view both the sunset and the comet from the observation deck of the Space Needle...way awesome.

Okay now, back to complaining...

Today, I went to work. Not an easy feat. I experienced a little Metro Transit anarchy among the Queen Anne bus riders. It was like Tokyo Subway Smackdown outside Uptown Espresso. I was seething on the inside but I just couldn’t bring myself to say “Hey no cuts!” to those who clearly couldn’t remember the kindergarten single file rule of lining up. After getting nudged, cut off and nearly trampled by my neighbors crowding on to the first bus that had arrived in 45 minutes, waiting through another crowded bus that could take no more passengers, I gave up. How’s that for a run on sentence, Mr. Guterson! (He was my red penned creative writing teacher. In addition to marking me down for run-ons and excessive use of commas,,he also cautioned me against tangents)

Anyway. I walked the slippery half mile back to my house and took my chances driving. This is kind of a big deal for me since I am the ultimate cold weather wimp when it comes to driving. I slid a bit around Queen Anne but made it to work in a reasonable amount of time. Mm good story huh?

It’s all rain now, slushy, beautiful puddles of brown-ness. I’m okay with that. It’s the Seattle I know and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home