Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Who Would Play Me In a Lifetime Television Movie of the Week

There are few questions that I fear.
"Can I be honest?"
"When are going to get married"
"What are you going to do with your life?"

and scariest of all

"You know who you look like?"
I get this at least once a week. It’s kind of funny to me. If I actually looked like someone famous, I would understand. I don’t. It’s never the same person. Everybody thinks I look like someone different.
When I wear my glasses I have been told I look like Kennedy the MTV-jay.

When I was younger I looked like the girl on the front of Milkman powdered milk box and a little like Drew Barrymore. Now, I would take it as a compliment but I wasn’t super hip to kids calling me "firestarter" because I looked like her. ...At least I think that’s why they called me "firestarter", maybe it was because I lit them on fire with my eyes....

I got Monica Lewinsky and Rosie O'Donnell for awhile...talk about a low period.

The most common one I get lately is
“ you look like that girl on that show…you know…that girl”
I don’t know.
They can never think of it either

I apparently resemble some French actress and I was told recently I looked a little like Rachel Weisz which was probably just damage control after telling me I sounded like Kathy Griffin.

A date told me I reminded him of Veronica in Heathers, (the one where Winona Ryder murders her friends). I had him killed…and stole his wallet.

Have you ever had that conversation with a group of friends about what actor would play you in a movie version of your life? Think carefully before you tell someone who they look like. I know someone who nearly became suicidal at the casting of John Cryer.











My mother thinks this might be “that girl on that show.”
That’s silly. I’m not even black.

6 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishful thinking. She named you Deonn didn't she?

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger J.R. said...

Oh I thought for sure it would be Little Richard playing you...

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it were a lifetime movie you would be played by Meredith Baxter burney for sure, or Valerie Bertinelli

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow now that I think of it you do look like Andy Dick

At least your mom doesn't tell you that you look like a young Tony Randall.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Swiftyjess said...

I get that I either look like "someone's sister" (as in, "you look like my roommates' sister or my ex's sister..."
or that I look like "that chick in Titanic".

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least people think you look like someone famous (with the awful exception of Rosie "the Devil" O'Donnell). I usually get told I'm someone's cousin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home