Friday, June 08, 2007

My Greg Nickels Rant

Shame Shame, I know your name.
...and where you work, the car you drive and your girly Starbucks beverage of choice.

I have never had much to say about Mayor Greg Nickels. He has never really impressed me as a charismatic leader but he seemed somewhat harmless. He looks kind of like a cross between a huggable teddy bear and one on those red-faced, over grown guys from my high school gym class. Y'know the kind that looked like their heads would explode if they lost the volley in a competitive game of pickle ball.

Nickels seems to have this condescending way of talking to his constituents like we are unreasonable moody teen agers. "You think you are too good for the bus?" Grumpy old dad asks "Fine I'll take away all of your parking places...HA HA HA!!! what are you going to do now Mr. Big Shot?"

I'll tell you what I'll do Mr. Nickels. I will drive around my workplace, wasting gas, polluting the air, adding to an already congested first avenue south to search for a spot. I get parking tickets, watch for the Nazi meter man-ling and move my car every hour of my work day if I have to. (I can now see Zsa Zsa's side of the story)

Mr. Nickels doesn't have to worry about this because, apparently he can park wherever he damn well chooses. I was behind the illustrious Mayor Nickels at Starbucks today. Upon exiting the building I noticed an SUV illegally parked, sticking out into the street, about a foot from the stop sign and directly in front of a fire hydrant. Apparently Mr. Nickels didn't realize he could take the bus down First Avenue South.
I wa so angry it MADE ME TYPE IN CAPS!
Poor form Mr. Nickels...poor form.
...and I bet you suck at pickle ball too.

4 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger B. Relyt said...

That's just like city officials. They think they can do whatever they want. I run into the mayor of my city all the time because he lives in my neighbourhood (that's right -I spelled it with a "u" -that's how Canadians roll...we also spell "center" as "CENTRE" or at least I do....that might be because of French class...I'll get back to you on that one).

My Mayor, Dave Ryan, thinks he can get away with threatening people, killing hookers, and spending millions on a waterfront re-development project that will never get done. Plus, I think he spits on homeless people. Don't get me started on where he parks his Mazda.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Deonn said...

I guess our mayor has a lot of catching up to do. He's not much of a multi-tasker. He has trouble spending all our money while spitting at the homeless. He's a busy guy so he leaves the hooker killin to the people.

I prefer to spell it hookour or hookre

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dag yo!

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so what was his girlie Starbuck's order?

Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home