Sunday, September 16, 2007

Planes, Cranes and Automobiles

My Saturday Travelogue.
I began Saturdays like I begin most Saturdays...cursing myself for not having coffee onhand and trying in vain to function without my caffeinated beverage of choice. After a big cup of Joe from the evil giant coffee conglomerate we were on our way to "Everything Party" where you can buy everything you would need for a party. We loaded up on more Hotwheel/Nascar supplies than you can shake a stick at. Well...maybe more than a five year old can shake a stick at
...and then we tried on some hats.


.


Our next stop was the Museum of Flight.

This is Mark and child disembarking the Concord

We also toured Air Force One from the Lyndon B-Nixon years. It was refreshing to board a plane without having to show my ID, take off my shoes or get patted down by TSA. Unfortunately, the beverage cart retired with Nixon.

Then it was off to IKEA. We went to IKEA so that Mark's son could play in the ball room at SMALAND and I could get a picture of my favorite sign.











Apparently it is only okay to hit co-workers with a forklift.


We wrapped up the day with Swedish meatballs and macaroni and cheese and headed home to watch the Three Caballeros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home