Sunday, January 22, 2006

working on my "Sincere" voice

Week two of trying to act interested.
Well the Seahawks and the Steelers are headed to the Superbowl! I will do my best to be excited. Don’t get me wrong I think it’s great the Seahawks are going to the Superbowl…Superbowls are …well... super. I was even born on Superbowl Sunday. Sports are just not my thing. I have tried. I spent one day on a volleyball team, About a month in gymnastics and four whole years playing softball. (Softball is a kind of obligatory activity for any self-respecting daughter of a lesbian.) I spent four years on the Sattelites softball team. In four years I hit the ball exactly one time…in self defense. I spent most of the time in right field, the least active spot in the outfield. This was a good thing as it gave me plenty of time to make daisy chains. Oh, my mother was beaming with pride. I was the girl who got up to bat and everyone would shout “Easy Out” I didn’t mind the other team stating the obvious but it’s a little harsh coming from your own. I didn’t really care. I guess that was the problem. I didn’t care. I didn’t even care enough to pretend to care. I’ve grown up a lot since then. I’m taller and older and I can make a daisy chain like nobodys business. I am still not very good at pretending to care about sports…but I’ll try. So to sum up…”GO SEAHAWKS!” How was that? Did that sound sincere? I’ll work on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home