Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"WA.tch You Talkin About Willis?"

Washington's Newest tourism slogan "SayWA" was a bit of a bust. Tee Hee.

"SayWA" Slogan Dropped After Heavy Mocking"

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WA_SAYWA_GOODBYE_WAOL-?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Do you realize how much hope this gives a cynic like me? Mocking actually resulted in the demise of something ridiculous. Does this really work? I have been a heavy mocker my whole life. I tried to cut back in my early twenties (in my self help book phase.) but I fell off the wagon in my mid to late twenties (The Gore/Bush election, The Bush/Kerry Election, The movie "Election") I am now and again a full blown Mockaholic.

Do you think this really works? If I mock something enough will it actually go away?
It didn't work on my Freshman "Washington State and World" teacher.
I wonder if it would work for Clamato Juice, John Tesh or Short people.
I have heavily mocked the French, The Canadians and the French Canadians but as far as I know they are all still around.
But you know what they say. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
So I'll just keep on mocking things I find silly...vegans, people from Monroe and "new math" and see what happens.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you mock Seattle's new slogan "metronatural" so it goes away soon? I'm an insecure heteronatural.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home