Thursday, November 30, 2006

My First Dance Class in Ten Years

Tonight I took an African dance class in Ballard.
Cuz, when I think "African dance", I think "Ballard"

I was hesitant as I am neither a dancer nor African and sure as hell no African dancer but neither was anyone else. My friend Michelle, who is an inspiration in many ways talked me into joining her. She has been attending six dance classes a week. I don't think I commit to anything six times a week...okay sleep, yes. The class was a lot of fun, a great work-out and yet another reminder of just how incredibly white I am.

I'm even ridiculously pale in Ballard.

(For those of you who are unfamiliar with Ballard, try to picture Scandinavia, now take away all the hot Swedish models, Audi drivers, Brit Eklund, and Bjork and replace them with senior citizens, pseudo-hipsters and a great Oaxacan Taco place.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home