Thursday, November 23, 2006

Can You "Bah Humbug" Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving, like communism is one of those things that look good on paper. It sounds reasonable in theory and yet it’s sturdy premise somehow falls short upon execution. I don’t want to sound ungrateful…I mean gratitude is what Thanksgiving is all about right? Well gratitude and green bean casserole. I am thankful for plenty of things, health, family, Vodka. but every year I return home from my family festivities feeling a little…I don’t know full and empty. I feel like a stranger that has come to share in a tight knit family gathering. I am an outsider who doesn’t necessarily want to come in. When I was kid I was annoyed by adults who complained about the holidays…I now see where they are coming from.
Hmm kind of a depressing way to end this post.
Well at least I can be thankful that I am not French.
So uh…Happy Thanskgiving.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes me really, really sad! How can it be better?

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Deonn said...

Maybe if I was someone else.
Shrug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home