Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Duped by the General Public at Large

Over the past year or so, I have proven to be a bad judge of character.

This is new for me.

I have always prided myself in having a certain intuition about people and situations. Normally I would be the first to recognize the signs of dishonesty, injustice, lack of integrity, flakiness, and/or instability.

I have always possessed a certain gift when it came to separating booze shmooze from sober reality and basic networking from basic bullshitting. I didn’t always pay attention to my gut reaction, but has always been there to say “I told you so”

My gut hasn’t been there for me lately. Oh it’s there physically. You can’t miss it. But it has become a little emotionally unavailable for comment. It is refusing to offer any useful reaction. My gut has become a veritable press secretary, Unable to reveal anything of any importance at this time

7 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why should stop dating and doing business with theatre folk. Run away with me and we can be "Carnies" together. Come on you know you and your gut want to do it.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fair. You deleted my response.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Deonn said...

then get your own blog

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger David said...

1) Last time I saw you, your physical gut wasn't there.
2) Maybe your gut is still there, but instead of it just reacting to the surroundings, you are looking for a certain response. I would find it hard to believe your core gut just up and left.
3) Don't you love how people with something less than nice to say always post anon?

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) last time i saw you you didnt have a physical gut either... at least not an.... enlarged one
2) can i give you a hug?

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home